Monday, September 1, 2014

My first week was fantastic!!!!!


                                                My first week was fantastic!!!!! 

Okay so.... the CCM is no more!! I now am out in the field... but I haven´t been able to teach much because my companion is the district leader and I´m a newbie so the past week we leave early in the morning and come home late at night.. We had one meeting that started at 11:30 but it was 3 hours away from where we leave.. so we had to take a bus all the way there it also didn´t end until 6 so we didn´t get home till way late. All the people here just stare at me in amazment because of how tall I am and also because I´m white!... hahaha  So my first apartment here was terrible.. by that I mean disgusting but we moved to this brand new room... and It is amazing! there should be pictures I hope... anyways so traveling here is awesome its one sole, which is about 50 cents, to get from where we live to the boulivard. then we hop onto a bus which costs about 8 soles (4 bucks) and we can go to Lima! also the buses have movies on them.... we try not to watch them but we usually end up watching them. a couple of the movies have been blended, and the illusionist! they were fanstastic" but in spanish... so I really didn´t get much of the movie. The food here is actually pretty good! the only super skechty thing I´ve eating was the spine of a chicken.... haha but it tasted pretty good!! My companion is pretty sick! he hardly speaks any english but we talk like we´ve been best friends for years! I really like him! Everything here is dirt cheap! I found a pair of Beats headphones for 20 dollars!! there´s also this yogurt that doesn´t need to be refridgerated because of some chemical in it... but it tastes really good and my zone leader says its safe so I drink it! That´s about it... I mean I haven´t done much but travel and look at the sites... Oh.. wait! I forgot me and my companion were walking down a street when this guy stopped us and said he prayed to God and asked him if the book of mormon was true. later that night he had a dream about me and my companion and the book of mormon so we are teaching him on tuesday! I hope you are all having an amazing time"!" peace out!! :D  Love    -Elder Durrant  


Questions we asked:  

Who is your companion?  

He´s from chille! Elder Roco 

They had a big meeting with everyone who was being transfered  that day, and they put our picture up onto a screen and the did a drum roll to see who our companions were! He is really funny and really nice! we get along really well! The people are amazing!! They drive like maniacts though! We moved like my third day out here but our first one was nasty... I can´t even explain how bad it was... it was really bad.. but our new one was built really reacently so its really nice but we don´t have our water heater installed so its cold.... really cold...My bed is fantastic! compared to the one in CCM It´s amazing! 

The closest missionary´s are the sisters and they like in the city that´s a 5 min drive! The Branch was alright!... I didn´t understand any of it but it was pretty normal...  the food here is pretty fantastic! I can´t eat stuff of the street but its all pretty good! Same here!!!!   the dogs are actually really nice! but If one comes running at you, all you have to do is bend over and fake like you´re going to throw a rock at it and it will run away!  where we live its kinda small but where all the stores are is a little bigger!  the stores here are little rooms in the walls filled with stuff! haha and it´s all dirt cheap!  I´m on the coast! I live right by the beach!











No comments:

Post a Comment